Are you an Expat Partner, an Expat Spouse, an Accompanying Partner or (shudder) a Trailing Spouse?
Are you crazy excited to be living an international life, traveling to exotic locations, immersing yourself in an unfamiliar culture?
Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by unfamiliarity, shy about making new friends, tired of working out how to live a normal life in a foreign country?
Do you sometimes wonder if you are making the most of your expat life?
Welcome! You’re in the right place!
successfulexpat.com it is a resource for expat partners: male or female, with or without kids, newbies and seasoned veterans. It is a site for all of us who have, for whatever reason, left our home country and decided on an expat life because of our partner’s job.
We can help you:
- prepare for your international move with no-nonsense articles and checklists so you know exactly what to do and when
- settle in quickly with tips of what to do in your first few weeks to grow your tribe, get to know your new country and make a house a home
- anticipate the ups and downs of raising kids abroad with real-life stories you and your kids can relate to
- discover what it is that you want to do with your expat posting with tips on how to find work, volunteer, and/or fulfill your lifelong ambitions
And when the going gets tough:
- we can help you deal with culture shock
- give you tips for combating homesickness
- send out a virtual hug if you or your kids are struggling
Expat living can be tough. It can feel overwhelming. It can take effort to make new friends and say goodbye waaaay too often. BUT! Thank goodness we are brave and resilient and resourceful.
We. Can. Make. It. Work.
I’m Sue, Brit-Mum to three lovely kids and a crazy rescue-pup called Dexter. I’ve been an Expat Spouse for 5 years in Europe and Asia, so I know exactly what it’s like to pack up your life and move to a strange country. I know the highs and the lows of expat life and how important it is to be part of a community.